Thursday, November 4, 2010

MO-Ments - November 4, 2010

It pains me to admit, but this year instead of going into Movember clean shaven I decided to get a headstart on my 'MO and grow out my beard a week before November 1st. It was my hope that when the first of the month came around I would have a great "foundation" for my mustache and that I would avoid the awkward comments that I received last year from friends and co-workers who in the early stages of my 'MO thought that I had forgotten to wipe off my upper lip after eating a sugar donut.

While I have succesfully avoided references to my inability to wipe my upper lip after eating, people have found new ways to more awkwardly comment on my proud patch of facial fuzz. Four days into Movember, and my favorite questions/comments so far have been "did you bleach your 'Mo for your Halloween costume?" or "is your moustache dyed blonde?" Despite my admiration for Larry Legend and his Mid-80s 'MO JO, I did not dress up like the fabled Celtic for Halloween and I did not dye it blonde.
Although I boast a full head of maticulously side-parted brown hair, my facial hair is as blonde as the legend himself. Having experimented with peformance enhancing facial hair products in the past, I may have to give into the temptation to "look so natual, no one can tell, JUST FOR MEN GEL" and transform my look from Bird to BRAWN.

Like Lebron James' Decision. Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment